Monday, December 26, 2011

Got the Kindle Fire!  And I love it.  It is actually more amazing than advertised.  Admittedly, Amazon is marketing it as a fun device for entertainment purposes.  I, however, have figured out a business use for it.

In addition to being able to download all of the fun apps, I have also downloaded Documents To Go. I got it free since Amazon offers a free app EVERY DAY. If you have an Android phone, even if you don't have a Kindle, you should be checking out the offers every day.  Lately it has been games, but every once in a while it is a significant app, like this one.

What is so cool about Docs To Go?  In addition to having all of the Microsoft Office capabilities, including Word and PowerPoint, you can access your Google Docs!  That's right!  And edit them!  And create your own docs!  Cumbersome?  A little, but still a really cool alternative to having to fire up the laptop when all you want to do is review and maybe edit a document.

In addition, you can email documents to your Kindle!  That's right!  Have a PDF that you like or that you refer to often?  That's why I emailed the Ohio Civil Rules to my Kindle.  And then I got an even bigger idea!  I started emailing my case files to my Kindle.  That's right!  Scan and email right to your Kindle.  Don't have to carry those big files around.  Don't have an excuse when talking with a client that I don't have the file.  I have it all of the time.  And documents emailed to the Kindle are only on the Kindle.  They are not saved in the cloud.  Once you have password protected your Kindle, you are good to go.

So, why wouldn't you get a Kindle Fire?  It is only $199 and it is saving my back from having to lug all of those files around.  And I can review proposed divorce decrees while listening to Pandora and than having a nice diversion of playing Words With Friends.

So, hurry up, go get that Kindle Fire.....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Pam. I love Words with friends, I'm dillydallydame. Now we can battle there and FourSquare. Another fav, getglue.com. The Kindle Fire sounds awesome. But Im getting the iPad monkey off my back, now addicted to my boyfriebds iPad 2. ~Ranita Brown

    ReplyDelete